pcb / lead / asbestos / demolition at Private New England university
In the summer of 2011, a customer asked us to bid on a project where they were revamping one of their main buildings on campus and adding on to it. It was an older structure built in the 1970s and they had an aggressive schedule; complete as much of the project as possible when the student were not in session and to have the building completely open by Spring of 2012. The project contained:
- Lead Paint
We were awarded the project and by consolidating the above four trades into one bid package,the university saved money by:
- Negotiating one larger contract instead of four
- Decreasing management and oversight due to fewer contractors being on site
- Maintaining a tighter construction schedule.
This was an unusual project because it needed:
- Full containment of the entire building - 2 stories, 40, 000 + square feet
- To be multiphased to allow some usage of the building for certain periods of time
- Complete dismantling of all masonary walls due to caulking and paint containing PCBs and asbestos
- Extensive concrete cutting
- Lead paint removal
- Scissor lifts, boom lifts, bob cats and trucking services.
Dec-Tam was chosen for this project for several reasons; we had
- Excellent pricing
- Over 10 years experience in PCB remediation
- The ability to mobilize workers to meet aggressive schedules
- The skills necessary to build the unique containment for the project
- Skilled technician trained in PCBs, Asbestos, Lead and Demolition.